Fall 2017 Ready-to-Wear
February 17, 2017
• In the words of Kate Bush, East London cool girl Ashley Williams wants you to “go into the garden, go under the ivy, under the leaves, away from the party.”
• Apparently, these are clothes that are perfect for sneaking out of the party quietly.
• But wait! It would be quite difficult sneaking out in the ten-gallon Stetson hats Williams’ models wore over hoodies.
• To be sure, the clothes were nothing new. We’ve all seen a Stetson and a hoodie—separately. It was the styling that was new.
• What made the whole vibe fresh was the re-working of stuff that we already know, but adding an updated jean and some v-shaped shoes. Suddenly, it’s ready for 2017.
• However, the hyper=stylized clothes said, “Save the planet” or “Misery.” Is Williams jumping on the protest bandwagon? Or is she being respectful of the environment? Everybody knows that you don’t really need a new shirt. Instead, pull a hoodie and jeans out of your closet, and with a tweak of styling, boom! you’ve made a statement.
• For that we doff our Stetson to Ashley.
• It was a cool East End London show, showing us how the East End kids do it: with no dosh at all, like all of us.